Thursday, February 4, 2010

Web publications suck

Many of my weekly computing magazines are converting over to a web-based format, published in PDFs, to save on publishing costs and to "go green". I personally don't have a problem with those reasons, but I'm not a fan of the format. It's tedious to read and slow to download.

HOWEVER, I AM a hater of publications who move to this format, but don't upgrade their servers to handle the load. I've got three different magazines on this format, and I can rarely download the damn things at work, because they're so slow, or throw 500 errors, etc. I can usually read them at night at home, because the entire US business world isn't beating them into the ground at 11 pm.

Please people, beef up the servers if you're going to publish this way.

No comments: